SEPTEMBER LAUNCH CANCELLED

The ROC board has been monitoring the weather conditions out in Lucerne for this weekend’s launch and has made the difficult decision to cancel the launch. Conditions have been steadily worsening with incoming rain and we do not want a repeat of what happened at ROCtober when the forecast was for light showers with minimal amounts of rain and then we all woke up to a couple of inches of water on the lakebed.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we need to keep the safety of everyone the top priority. We will see everyone in October.
Gary Schneider
ROC President


September launch

Hi All, 

Our September monthly ROC launch is coming up Saturday September 10th. 

In order to gauge attendance, we have a optional RSVP form we’d appreciate but not require responses to. The form is here and hopefully self explanatory:  https://forms.gle/SQj2Sib5G9fBgc2e7 . To reiterate, this is entirely optional, and if your plans change or you forget, that’s 100% okay and expected. 

Expect highs in the upper 80’s/lower 90’s and flying weather to deteriorate as the day progresses. As always, flying early provides the best chance of getting your flights in. ROC appreciates volunteer assistance with various range duty jobs described here https://rocstock.org/range-duty-positions-and-procedures/ as well as assistance with range setup and tear down. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!

-Andrew

ROC VP