Please remember your Certification Card

If you are planning to fly high power rockets at a ROC launch, please remember to bring your NAR or Tripoli membership card.

To fly high power you must be a current member of NAR or Tripoli. You must have a membership card or other document showing that you are certified for high power and your membership is current.

If you are not a member in good standing you are not certified, you are not insured, and may not fly high power rockets.

Time permitting, registration personnel may be able to help you lookup your membership. If there are people in line to register you will be asked to step aside until you can document your certification.


Changes to NAR Junior Level 1 Process

Beginning this calendar year NAR has made changes in the Junior HPR Level 1 program. Effective now, there is a written test that must be passed before the Junior Level 1 certification flight. ROC will have the tests and new Junior Level 1 forms at registration.

There has been no change in the certification process for adult NAR members.

For complete information, including practice tests, please refer to the NAR site. Note that for Junior Level 1 the applicant must be a current NAR member at least 14 years old at the time of the test.
https://www.nar.org/high-power-rocketry-info/formal-participation-procedure/


February Launch is a Go!

After an inspection of the lakebed, we are confident that the February 8 launch is a go.

The lakebed is dry and there is no rain currently forecast between now and the launch.

So everyone should have rockets ready and assemble at the lakebed.

We expect to begin launching at 08:00 on Saturday, February 8.


Jan 11th Launch Cancelled

Due to current conditions the Jan 11th regular scheduled monthly launch is canceled.  The recent storm brought significant rain and blanketed Lucerne with snow.  Unfortunately, the lakebed hadn’t even dryed up from the last storm.

Time to start digging into your build pile. We’ll see everyone once the lakebed drys up enough to launch.
Mike Ostby,
ROC President

December 14 Launch is Canceled!

Due to recent precipitation, and some snow still present, the lakebed is not expected to be safe to drive on by the December launch.
The board has decided to cancel the December launch, and we will be monitoring conditions for the January launch.