We have received our FAA waiver for the rest of 2015, and preliminary weather forecasts are for great flying conditions!
We hope to see everyone at the launch, with the projects you have been saving since November!
ROC Board Members
Unfortunately, the Board of Directors has decided to cancel the January 2015 launch. This is due to circumstances beyond our control regarding the Certificate of Waiver from the FAA.
See everyone at the February launch!
ROC Board Member
From our President:
I’m sorry to have to let you know that we have not yet received ROC’s approved certificate of waiver from the FAA for our 2015 flying season. I have been keeping in touch with our contact at the FAA, and he let me know that it might not be ready in time for this Saturday’s launch..
What this means: Without an FAA Waiver in place, we cannot fly (most*) high power motors or rockets. If the Waiver isn’t finished by tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon, the ROC Board will be deciding whether to cancel the launch completely, or to hold a “low power launch”, and limit flying to rockets that don’t need an FAA Waiver.
We’ll be making a decision one way or another by tomorrow afternoon, and will announce it on the email lists (ROC-Chat and ROC-Announce), and on the ROC Web Site (http://ROCstock.org) and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Please check back with us tomorrow afternoon around 5:30 or 6:00 PM for a status update.
Thanks for your patience and understanding,
* Without an FAA Waiver, we can only fly motors with up to 125 grams of propellant total, in a rocket weighing no more than 1500 grams (about 3.3 lbs.) on the pad, ready to fly. This means nothing larger than a G or small H motor (like an Aerotech H128 or similar) in a relatively lightweight airframe.
Please review the updated Fee Schedule page: http://rocstock.org/fee-schedule/
The new “Regular Flyer” fee of $20 per launch day makes Executive Membership even more attractive.
The Fee for youth groups has also been updated, and now only applies to groups who pre-register. Pre-registration is important to ensure we can adequately support the youth group and their launch plans, along with providing a great launch to all participants. Any groups who do not pre-register would pay the “Regular Flyer” fees.
Due to lakebed conditions and pending rain to worsen the surface, the ROC BOD has elected to cancel the December Launch.
See you all in January!