March 9th Launch Canceled

Hi Everyone,

The March 9th launch is canceled. Although we now have our FAA CoA (waiver) we do not have a dry launch range. I wish I had better news. The circumstances are completely out of our hands.
Our friends at Tripoli San Diego have Holtville Havoc scheduled for tomorrow and the weekend. Tripoli Las Vegas is holding Springfest March 15-17 if Jean Dry Lakebed is dry. Visit their websites for details.
Keep working on your build pile and keep your fingers crossed for April.  Also, start preparing for NSL 2019,  celebrating the Apollo program and the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 mission to the moon!
Mike Ostby,
ROC President

We have a Waiver!

We have our Certificate of Authorization (AKA FAA Waiver) for 2019 in hand. It is essentially the same as 2018. The standing waiver will be 14,500 feet above ground level. For NSL and the November ROCstock there is the potential for call-in windows to 19,000 AGL with FAA approval.

Lakebed is Still Very Wet!

The ROC board continues to monitor lakebed conditions. Currently the lakebed is saturated, it has been raining lightly today, and there is more precipitation in the forecast.
There is a significant chance that the March 9 launch will also be cancelled.
These photos were taken February 15 by board member Gary Schneider. There has been a some additional rain since they were taken.
With current weather patterns, it is hard to say when the lakebed will dry out enough to launch. We will continue monitoring and publish conditions when there are changes.

February Launch Canceled

The February 9th ROC launch is canceled due to the weather forecast and a saturated lake bed.

We’ll try again in March
Mike Ostby,
ROC President