January 8 Launch is a GO!

After an on site inspection and a review of the forecast, the January 8 launch is a go!

The lakebed is currently in good shape and no rain expected in the coming week.

We hope to see everyone at the launch on Saturday!


Possible Cancelation of January Launch

Due to recent and continuing rain on the lakebed the board will likely have to cancel the January 8 launch. There is currently a flood watch in effect for Lucerne Valley until tomorrow.

We continue to monitor conditions, and will make a final announcement after an on-site inspection this weekend.

With the current LA Nina weather pattern, we are also concerned for the February launch.

None of us want to cancel, but muddy conditions make the lake bed hazardous.


Rain on the Lakebed

After up to an inch of rain there is very little standing water, but the lakebed is saturated. With no additional rain we should be good for ROCstock. We will be continuously monitoring conditions. It has been confirmed as a La Nina year, so stay tuned.


Tomorrow’s Launch is CANCELLED!

Due to rain on the lakebed we must cancel the launch tomorrow.

We have been informed bybthe vendor that conditions are too wet for the porta-potties to be delivered.

As I write this it is still raining on the lakebed. Hope to see everyone for November ROCstock.


Youth Groups Program Returning

On an interim basis we will be starting our youth group program. The page has been updated, currently with only September 11 available. We will accept the first five groups for that launch only.

As things develop the board will review opening the program on a continuing basis.