Looks Good For April!

Hi Everyone!

It finally looks like we’re going to be able to hold a launch! Weather looks good. The lakebed for the most part is dry.
The launch site and the access roads are not what we’re used to. PLEASE USE CAUTION AND GOOD JUDGMENT WHEN TRAVELING ON THE PLAYA.  The site is rough. Both roads in are pretty rough. Cambria road is best left for 4WD. The graded area just south of Granite road is not too bad. ROC road (the north/south road) is rough too. There are ways around the deep ruts.  If you know the back way in, it’s in pretty good shape.
We’ll be out there on Friday and hopefully mark the best way in with orange barricades or cones.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Mike Ostby,
ROC President

March 9th Launch Canceled

Hi Everyone,

The March 9th launch is canceled. Although we now have our FAA CoA (waiver) we do not have a dry launch range. I wish I had better news. The circumstances are completely out of our hands.
Our friends at Tripoli San Diego have Holtville Havoc scheduled for tomorrow and the weekend. Tripoli Las Vegas is holding Springfest March 15-17 if Jean Dry Lakebed is dry. Visit their websites for details.
Keep working on your build pile and keep your fingers crossed for April.  Also, start preparing for NSL 2019,  celebrating the Apollo program and the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 mission to the moon!
Mike Ostby,
ROC President

February Launch Canceled

The February 9th ROC launch is canceled due to the weather forecast and a saturated lake bed.

We’ll try again in March
Mike Ostby,
ROC President

January Launch Cancelled

The Jan 12th launch is cancelled. The government shut down has delayed the FAA from issuing our 2019 CoA (waiver). The lakebed is also in marginal condition. Although the surface may be dry, below the crust it’s still wet. The forecast also is calling for a chance of wet weather this weekend and several days next week.

ROC is encouraging folks to fly with our friends to the south, Tripoli San Diego. Their launch is a go for this weekend. Please see their website. http://www.tripolisandiego.org


December 7-9 Rocstock Canceled

Due to the wet weather today and a forecast for possible rain this Saturday, and another storm next Wed and Thursday the ROC Board has decided to cancel the December 7-9 Rocstock Launch.

We are coming up with a plan to hold the Annual Membership Meeting/Holiday Gathering. Most likely a lunch at a pizza parlor Sat the 8th. If this sounds like fun please let me know (mikeostby@gmail.com) so a large enough room can be reserved. Stay tuned for details.