ROCtober 2020

ROC has decided to cancel the ROCtober launch that was scheduled for October 10th and 11th  2020.   ROC evaluated the situation relative the COVID pandemic, and our responsibility for having a safe launch.  ROC reviewed guidance, from San Bernardino County, the National Organization of Rocketry (NAR) and Scout Leaders.  Based on this input, we feel that there is no way to have a safe and legal launch by October.  ROC is proud of our safety record and with this decision, like all the ROC board makes, the safety of all the participants the most important criteria.

ROC monthly launches have been canceled since April, and will be canceled until the board feels that they can have a safe launch that meets local and NAR guidance.   The ROC website will show the status of launches once they begin again.  At this time, we will not be accepting any reservations for groups until a clear reopening plan is developed.  Again, any information about groups at future launches will be posted on the website.

ROCtober has become an annual event for many groups, we at ROC look forward to having this tradition, and our outreach to youth education through rocketry continue in the future.